COVID-19 Safety Precautions
We hope this message finds you all safe and healthy.
Many of you have been calling and asking when we expect to be open again to see our patients, who we all miss very much. We are re-opening on June 5 for most medical and routine care, eyeglass sales and adjustments. We are so excited to see you all again!
We have been contacting all of you who had appointments that were cancelled. You may not recognize the number when we call, so please call us at 717-925-3882 if you are not able to answer. Once we have contacted those patients, we will open our schedule for anyone in need of an appointment.
What can you expect when you come to our office?
- All patients, including children, will wear a mask. If you don’t have one, we will provide one.
- All patients will wash their hands and have their temperature taken before check in. You will also be asked if you have any Coronavirus symptoms and if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.
- If you plan to handle your cell phone while in the office, we will ask you to disinfect it before washing your hands.
- All patients will be asked to bring or complete new patient forms and to sign a HIPAA form. We can mail or email these to you before your visit, or they can be printed from our website. If this is not possible, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete them.
- All patients will be asked to come alone or bring one other person at most. If that person is your driver, we can ask that the patient be dropped off and picked up.
- To minimize time in the office and face-to-face interaction, we are strongly encouraging Optomap retinal imaging for all of our patients. This may eliminate the need for dilation for many patients.
- We are asking you to be patient. There may be longer wait times, and you may be in our office for longer than usual. We ask that you allow an hour and a half between your scheduled appointment time and any other engagements you may have.
- If you are planning to shop for frames, we ask that you come early so we can help with your selection before your appointment.
- We have a very extensive process for disinfecting and sanitizing all of our frames. We welcome you to try on our frames, but do not put them back on the board or in the drawer. We will give you a tray for all of the frames you try.
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing scrubs and masks. We will use gloves when appropriate.
- We have breath shields at our desks and on our equipment. We will do our best to remain physically distant where possible.
- We will be using Pure and Clean (Hypochlorous Acid) and Lysol/Clorox products to clean and sanitize after each patient encounter.
- All visits to our office will be by appointment, including eyeglass dispensing and adjustments.
- Our doors will remain locked, even when we are open. When we see you we will open the door for you, or you can call us when you arrive.
We are all ready to get back to doing what we love – taking care of you!
Dr. Jacobson, Dr. Link, Randi, Anne, Denise, Crystal, Amy, Sharon, Melissa and Charlie